Home » News » Public Safety
Concord High gun threat a hoax
The teen was arrested off school grounds, police said, but not before the school was evacuated and surrounded by a massive law enforcement presence - including more than 30 police cruisers and a special operations armored vehicle.
About 50 people were inside the building taking adult music classes and a college culinary class, Assistant Principal Steve Rothenberg said. There were also some students filming a movie, he said; some wore makeup, including fake blood.
There were no injuries in the incident, Rothenberg and police said.
"What we can tell you is that everybody is safe," Rothenberg said about 10 p.m.
The 18-year-old was charged with criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, a class B felony. Police would not say if a weapon was recovered.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change