Home » News » Public Safety
Concord High gun threat a hoax
The teen was arrested off school grounds, police said, but not before the school was evacuated and surrounded by a massive law enforcement presence - including more than 30 police cruisers and a special operations armored vehicle.
About 50 people were inside the building taking adult music classes and a college culinary class, Assistant Principal Steve Rothenberg said. There were also some students filming a movie, he said; some wore makeup, including fake blood.
There were no injuries in the incident, Rothenberg and police said.
"What we can tell you is that everybody is safe," Rothenberg said about 10 p.m.
The 18-year-old was charged with criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, a class B felony. Police would not say if a weapon was recovered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long