Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist injured in Derry crash
Police were summoned to the scene shortly after 6 p.m., according to Derry Police Lt. Daniel Beattie.
Upon arrival, it became apparent the unnamed male victim, who rear-ended a car with his motorcycle, had suffered a compound leg fracture and the decision was made to transport him by air to Massachusetts General Hospital.
No one was injured in the car that was struck by the victim's motorcycle. Police are continuing to investigate what might have caused the accident, though speed may have been a factor.
Beattie said police would interview the motorcyclist once his condition is stabilized.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 2
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH