Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist injured in Derry crash
Police were summoned to the scene shortly after 6 p.m., according to Derry Police Lt. Daniel Beattie.
Upon arrival, it became apparent the unnamed male victim, who rear-ended a car with his motorcycle, had suffered a compound leg fracture and the decision was made to transport him by air to Massachusetts General Hospital.
No one was injured in the car that was struck by the victim's motorcycle. Police are continuing to investigate what might have caused the accident, though speed may have been a factor.
Beattie said police would interview the motorcyclist once his condition is stabilized.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072