Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man still in critical condition after Tuesday crash
Michael Starkey, 50, suffered serious injuries in the accident that occurred when the 2000 Ford Ranger pickup truck he was driving southbound on Route 125 crossed into the northbound travel lane, police said.
Starkey's truck hit a 1986 Freightliner tractor-trailer unit driven by William Valpone, 45, of Newbury, Mass.
Starkey was flown to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston and was listed in critical condition Wednesday night. Valpone suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
State Police continue to investigate the cause of the accident.
- Jason Schreiber Union Leader Correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 4
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 5
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072