Home » Sports » College Sports
College softball tourneys start today
The Hawks will host Stonehill at 3 p.m. and Southern Connecticut will entertain Le Moyne.
Beginning Thursday, the single-elimination tournament will be hosted by top-seeded Southern New Hampshire University. On Thursday at 4 p.m., UMass Lowell will play the winner of the Le Moyne-Southern Connecticut game, while the 7 p.m. nightcap will feature New Haven against the winner of the St. Anselm-Stonehill contest.
On Friday at 4 p.m., Adelphi will meet either UMass Lowell, Le Moyne or Southern Connecticut. Southern New Hampshire takes the field at 7 p.m. to challenge either New Haven, St. Anselm or Stonehill.
The two winners on Friday will clash for the championship at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Little East Conference
Eastern Connecticut State University will host the Little East Conference softball championships on Thursday in Mansfield, Conn.
The six-team double elimination tourney finds sixth-ranked UMass-Boston playing top-ranked Eastern Connecticut at noon. The 2 p.m. game features second-ranked Plymouth State against fifth-ranked Rhode Island College and the 4 p.m. contest has fourth-seeded Keene State battling third-ranked Western Connecticut State University.
The 6 p.m. contest fields the losers of games one and two.
On Friday, four more games are on tap beginning at noon, including the winners' bracket final at 2 p.m.
The championship game is slated for 2 p.m. Saturday and if a second title game is needed, it will follow at 4 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan