Home » Sports » College Sports
College softball tourneys start today
The Hawks will host Stonehill at 3 p.m. and Southern Connecticut will entertain Le Moyne.
Beginning Thursday, the single-elimination tournament will be hosted by top-seeded Southern New Hampshire University. On Thursday at 4 p.m., UMass Lowell will play the winner of the Le Moyne-Southern Connecticut game, while the 7 p.m. nightcap will feature New Haven against the winner of the St. Anselm-Stonehill contest.
On Friday at 4 p.m., Adelphi will meet either UMass Lowell, Le Moyne or Southern Connecticut. Southern New Hampshire takes the field at 7 p.m. to challenge either New Haven, St. Anselm or Stonehill.
The two winners on Friday will clash for the championship at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Little East Conference
Eastern Connecticut State University will host the Little East Conference softball championships on Thursday in Mansfield, Conn.
The six-team double elimination tourney finds sixth-ranked UMass-Boston playing top-ranked Eastern Connecticut at noon. The 2 p.m. game features second-ranked Plymouth State against fifth-ranked Rhode Island College and the 4 p.m. contest has fourth-seeded Keene State battling third-ranked Western Connecticut State University.
The 6 p.m. contest fields the losers of games one and two.
On Friday, four more games are on tap beginning at noon, including the winners' bracket final at 2 p.m.
The championship game is slated for 2 p.m. Saturday and if a second title game is needed, it will follow at 4 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 1
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice