Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey fireworks bomb threat reward money rises to $5,000
Police continue to search for the person or persons responsible for the threat of violence that resulted in the cancelation of the Festival of Fireworks last August.
"The increase comes from a donor in the region that wishes to remain anonymous at this time," Oswalt said in a press release Monday.
Two weeks ago, organizers of the event said it has been permanently canceled due to the rising costs brought on by the bomb threat.
Organizers of the event, the Jaffrey Chamber of Commerce, Atlas PyroVision Productions and the Silver Ranch Airport, made the announcement in a post on Facebook.
"With Deep Sadness ... the era of the Jaffrey Festival of Fireworks has officially come to an end," the post said. It also encouraged people to leave their memories of the event as a comment.
Cyndy Burgess, co-chair of the event, said raising the price of admission to cover the new costs would have defeated the purpose of the community event.
The sponsors kept the admission price low to be inclusive to all in the community and because local non-profits used the event as a fundraiser, encouraging attendees to spend money on food and items from vendors.
Burgess said the Chamber of Commerce is working to replace the fundraiser with another event.
For the past two decades about 30,000 people were drawn to the Silver Ranch Airport in Jaffrey for the annual event each August.
Investigators encourage anyone with information relevant to this case to contact the Jaffrey Police Department at 603-532-7865 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 4
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072