Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey fireworks bomb threat reward money rises to $5,000
Police continue to search for the person or persons responsible for the threat of violence that resulted in the cancelation of the Festival of Fireworks last August.
"The increase comes from a donor in the region that wishes to remain anonymous at this time," Oswalt said in a press release Monday.
Two weeks ago, organizers of the event said it has been permanently canceled due to the rising costs brought on by the bomb threat.
Organizers of the event, the Jaffrey Chamber of Commerce, Atlas PyroVision Productions and the Silver Ranch Airport, made the announcement in a post on Facebook.
"With Deep Sadness ... the era of the Jaffrey Festival of Fireworks has officially come to an end," the post said. It also encouraged people to leave their memories of the event as a comment.
Cyndy Burgess, co-chair of the event, said raising the price of admission to cover the new costs would have defeated the purpose of the community event.
The sponsors kept the admission price low to be inclusive to all in the community and because local non-profits used the event as a fundraiser, encouraging attendees to spend money on food and items from vendors.
Burgess said the Chamber of Commerce is working to replace the fundraiser with another event.
For the past two decades about 30,000 people were drawn to the Silver Ranch Airport in Jaffrey for the annual event each August.
Investigators encourage anyone with information relevant to this case to contact the Jaffrey Police Department at 603-532-7865 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Hooksett vetos Pinkerton schools deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'