Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey fireworks bomb threat reward money rises to $5,000
Police continue to search for the person or persons responsible for the threat of violence that resulted in the cancelation of the Festival of Fireworks last August.
"The increase comes from a donor in the region that wishes to remain anonymous at this time," Oswalt said in a press release Monday.
Two weeks ago, organizers of the event said it has been permanently canceled due to the rising costs brought on by the bomb threat.
Organizers of the event, the Jaffrey Chamber of Commerce, Atlas PyroVision Productions and the Silver Ranch Airport, made the announcement in a post on Facebook.
"With Deep Sadness ... the era of the Jaffrey Festival of Fireworks has officially come to an end," the post said. It also encouraged people to leave their memories of the event as a comment.
Cyndy Burgess, co-chair of the event, said raising the price of admission to cover the new costs would have defeated the purpose of the community event.
The sponsors kept the admission price low to be inclusive to all in the community and because local non-profits used the event as a fundraiser, encouraging attendees to spend money on food and items from vendors.
Burgess said the Chamber of Commerce is working to replace the fundraiser with another event.
For the past two decades about 30,000 people were drawn to the Silver Ranch Airport in Jaffrey for the annual event each August.
Investigators encourage anyone with information relevant to this case to contact the Jaffrey Police Department at 603-532-7865 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 1
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers