Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey fireworks bomb threat reward money rises to $5,000
Police continue to search for the person or persons responsible for the threat of violence that resulted in the cancelation of the Festival of Fireworks last August.
"The increase comes from a donor in the region that wishes to remain anonymous at this time," Oswalt said in a press release Monday.
Two weeks ago, organizers of the event said it has been permanently canceled due to the rising costs brought on by the bomb threat.
Organizers of the event, the Jaffrey Chamber of Commerce, Atlas PyroVision Productions and the Silver Ranch Airport, made the announcement in a post on Facebook.
"With Deep Sadness ... the era of the Jaffrey Festival of Fireworks has officially come to an end," the post said. It also encouraged people to leave their memories of the event as a comment.
Cyndy Burgess, co-chair of the event, said raising the price of admission to cover the new costs would have defeated the purpose of the community event.
The sponsors kept the admission price low to be inclusive to all in the community and because local non-profits used the event as a fundraiser, encouraging attendees to spend money on food and items from vendors.
Burgess said the Chamber of Commerce is working to replace the fundraiser with another event.
For the past two decades about 30,000 people were drawn to the Silver Ranch Airport in Jaffrey for the annual event each August.
Investigators encourage anyone with information relevant to this case to contact the Jaffrey Police Department at 603-532-7865 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH