Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Portsmouth bar charged in connection with patron's death
Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams and Portsmouth Police Chief Stephen DuBois held a press conference Tuesday to announce the charges.
The one felony complaint alleges that the bar's owners, New Adventure Entertainment LLC, doing business as The Page Bar and Restaurant, negligently allowed beverages to be consumed in an area not approved by the Liquor Commission, namely the dance floor of the Stadium Lounge.
The charge against the bar carries a $100,000 fine but no jail time, as it is against a corporation, not an individual.
Reams said had the bar been following the rules of their liquor license, the assault that resulted in the death of Joshua Krantz, 24, may never have happened.
Police allege that Zachary O'Neill, 24, attacked Krantz from behind on the dance floor around 12:30 a.m. on April 6 and struck him repeatedly in the head. O'Neil alleged that Krantz spilled a drink on him earlier in the night while on the dance floor.
Later that morning, Krantz was found dead in his Dover apartment by his roommates.
O'Neill is facing a felony degree assault charge at this time, because the state medical examiner has not yet ruled Krantz's manner of death as a homicide.
The investigation to date has revealed that Krantz's death was caused by a fractured skull that resulted in bleeding of the brain.
On Tuesday, DuBois said the medical examiner's final report is still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus