Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Pennsylvania man beaten, robbed in Manchester
The visitor from Pennsylvania had taken money out of an automatic teller machine on Manchester's West Side and had placed the cash in his wallet which he put in his pants pocket.
But, police say, the robber immediately appeared and jumped into the passenger seat of the rented Ford sedan, ordering the man to return to the ATM and take out more money.
The robber took the proceeds of the second withdrawal and grabbed the man's cell phone.
The victim was then ordered to drive the car to the rear of a building in the area and he was beaten unconscious.
The robber grabbed the man's wallet containing the money from the first withdrawal and took off.
The Pennsylvania visitor was unfamiliar with the area, but told police the assault took place in the vicinity of the Econolodge Hotel, which is located on West Hartford Street, near the Interstate 293 overpass and the confluence of the Merrimack and Piscataquog rivers.
Police say the victim described his attacker as a black male with short black hair and wearing a black jacket.
The victim's rental car was a 2013 silver Ford Taurus with Maryland license tags. He suffered head and face injuries during the beating.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Manchester police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be left with the Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or on at manchestercrimeline.org.
Earlier Sunday night, police investigated another ATM robbery, arresting Nathan Lesage, 19, of Rimmon Street on charges that he lured a relative and her teenaged daughter to a restaurant, then pulled a knife and ordered them to go to an ATM and withdraw cash.
Police reported the victims said that Lesage set up the meeting on Facebook ,then threatened to kill the 15-year-old girl if his demands weren't met.
The victims flagged down a police officer on Amory Street at about 9 p.m. Sunday.
Lesage was arrested a short time later on Dubuque Street and charged with kidnapping and robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 2
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483