Home » News » Public Safety
Five children among six hurt in Rochester crash
Rochester firefighters used hydraulic tools to extricate an 8-year-old boy who was seriously injured and airlifted following a three-vehicle accident along Route 125 Saturday. (Courtesy photo) (Courtesy)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 5:03 p.m. after a southbound 2001 Chevy 1500 pickup, driven by Edward Crowley, 68, of Gonic, struck the driver's side of two vehicles heading northbound along Route 125 – Gonic Road - at the off ramp of exit 12 off the Spaulding Turnpike – Route 16.
After leaving the off ramp, the pickup struck a 2003 Chevy Blazer, driven by Joan Chesser, 27, of Gonic, before hitting a 2005 Chevy Cobalt, driven by Shannon Taber, 38, of Gonic, according to police.
There were four children – ages 8, 7, 5 and 1 – who were passengers in the Blazer.
Firefighters extricated Chesser's 8-year-old nephew, who was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Paramedics transported her three children to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, according to police.
Taber and her 5-year-old son were driven to Frisbie Memorial in another private vehicle.
As a result of the crash, Route 125 was closed between Main Street in Gonic and Brock Street. The southbound off ramp of Route 16 also was closed until around midnight.
Members of the Strafford County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team responded to the scene to assist with the investigation, which remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Officer Turner at (603) 330-7127.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax