Home » News » Public Safety
Five children among six hurt in Rochester crash
Rochester firefighters used hydraulic tools to extricate an 8-year-old boy who was seriously injured and airlifted following a three-vehicle accident along Route 125 Saturday. (Courtesy photo) (Courtesy)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 5:03 p.m. after a southbound 2001 Chevy 1500 pickup, driven by Edward Crowley, 68, of Gonic, struck the driver's side of two vehicles heading northbound along Route 125 – Gonic Road - at the off ramp of exit 12 off the Spaulding Turnpike – Route 16.
After leaving the off ramp, the pickup struck a 2003 Chevy Blazer, driven by Joan Chesser, 27, of Gonic, before hitting a 2005 Chevy Cobalt, driven by Shannon Taber, 38, of Gonic, according to police.
There were four children – ages 8, 7, 5 and 1 – who were passengers in the Blazer.
Firefighters extricated Chesser's 8-year-old nephew, who was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Paramedics transported her three children to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, according to police.
Taber and her 5-year-old son were driven to Frisbie Memorial in another private vehicle.
As a result of the crash, Route 125 was closed between Main Street in Gonic and Brock Street. The southbound off ramp of Route 16 also was closed until around midnight.
Members of the Strafford County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team responded to the scene to assist with the investigation, which remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Officer Turner at (603) 330-7127.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 2
Trump fired up over NH mailer