Home » News » Public Safety
Five children among six hurt in Rochester crash
Rochester firefighters used hydraulic tools to extricate an 8-year-old boy who was seriously injured and airlifted following a three-vehicle accident along Route 125 Saturday. (Courtesy photo) (Courtesy)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 5:03 p.m. after a southbound 2001 Chevy 1500 pickup, driven by Edward Crowley, 68, of Gonic, struck the driver's side of two vehicles heading northbound along Route 125 – Gonic Road - at the off ramp of exit 12 off the Spaulding Turnpike – Route 16.
After leaving the off ramp, the pickup struck a 2003 Chevy Blazer, driven by Joan Chesser, 27, of Gonic, before hitting a 2005 Chevy Cobalt, driven by Shannon Taber, 38, of Gonic, according to police.
There were four children – ages 8, 7, 5 and 1 – who were passengers in the Blazer.
Firefighters extricated Chesser's 8-year-old nephew, who was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Paramedics transported her three children to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, according to police.
Taber and her 5-year-old son were driven to Frisbie Memorial in another private vehicle.
As a result of the crash, Route 125 was closed between Main Street in Gonic and Brock Street. The southbound off ramp of Route 16 also was closed until around midnight.
Members of the Strafford County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team responded to the scene to assist with the investigation, which remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Officer Turner at (603) 330-7127.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change