Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia barn blaze causes estimated $1M in damage
Laconia Fire Capt. Kirk Beattie said his department responded to a report of a fire in a barn at 749 White Oaks Rd. at 1:23 p.m.
Fire crews found heavy smoke conditions and flames upon arrival, and struck a second alarm.
"There were two nearby structures that we were worried were also going to go up," said Beattie.
The additional structures were a residence and a second barn.
After about three hours on scene, fire crews were able to contain the blaze to the barn they believe it started in, which contained several pieces of landscaping machinery.
Beattie said the barn and the machinery inside were a total loss, and early estimates put the value at $1 million.
Beattie said two fire fighters suffered minor injuries, one a hand injury and another minor burns to his face, and both were treated at the scene.
Fire crews from Gilford, Belmont, Tilton, Franklin, Meredith and Holderness assisted at the scene.
Beattie said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072