Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia barn blaze causes estimated $1M in damage
Laconia Fire Capt. Kirk Beattie said his department responded to a report of a fire in a barn at 749 White Oaks Rd. at 1:23 p.m.
Fire crews found heavy smoke conditions and flames upon arrival, and struck a second alarm.
"There were two nearby structures that we were worried were also going to go up," said Beattie.
The additional structures were a residence and a second barn.
After about three hours on scene, fire crews were able to contain the blaze to the barn they believe it started in, which contained several pieces of landscaping machinery.
Beattie said the barn and the machinery inside were a total loss, and early estimates put the value at $1 million.
Beattie said two fire fighters suffered minor injuries, one a hand injury and another minor burns to his face, and both were treated at the scene.
Fire crews from Gilford, Belmont, Tilton, Franklin, Meredith and Holderness assisted at the scene.
Beattie said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax