Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia barn blaze causes estimated $1M in damage
Laconia Fire Capt. Kirk Beattie said his department responded to a report of a fire in a barn at 749 White Oaks Rd. at 1:23 p.m.
Fire crews found heavy smoke conditions and flames upon arrival, and struck a second alarm.
"There were two nearby structures that we were worried were also going to go up," said Beattie.
The additional structures were a residence and a second barn.
After about three hours on scene, fire crews were able to contain the blaze to the barn they believe it started in, which contained several pieces of landscaping machinery.
Beattie said the barn and the machinery inside were a total loss, and early estimates put the value at $1 million.
Beattie said two fire fighters suffered minor injuries, one a hand injury and another minor burns to his face, and both were treated at the scene.
Fire crews from Gilford, Belmont, Tilton, Franklin, Meredith and Holderness assisted at the scene.
Beattie said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072