Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia barn blaze causes estimated $1M in damage
Laconia Fire Capt. Kirk Beattie said his department responded to a report of a fire in a barn at 749 White Oaks Rd. at 1:23 p.m.
Fire crews found heavy smoke conditions and flames upon arrival, and struck a second alarm.
"There were two nearby structures that we were worried were also going to go up," said Beattie.
The additional structures were a residence and a second barn.
After about three hours on scene, fire crews were able to contain the blaze to the barn they believe it started in, which contained several pieces of landscaping machinery.
Beattie said the barn and the machinery inside were a total loss, and early estimates put the value at $1 million.
Beattie said two fire fighters suffered minor injuries, one a hand injury and another minor burns to his face, and both were treated at the scene.
Fire crews from Gilford, Belmont, Tilton, Franklin, Meredith and Holderness assisted at the scene.
Beattie said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison