NHIAA Roundup: Nashua No. laxers edge South
Saturday NHIAA summariesBOYS' LACROSSE
Bishop Guertin 15, Christian Bros. 7
BG (8-2) 7 5 3 0 — 15
CBA (6-4) 0 2 1 4 —7
Scoring: BG - Dom St. Laurent 7-0, Connor Donahue 2-2, Alex Astarita 1-0, Tom Hurley 0-2, John Miller 0-1, Mike Carluccio 1-1, Colin Swanson 1-2, Gage Sevigny 0-1, Mitch Burke 0-2, John Karanasios 1-0, Nick Prunier 1-0; CBA - Reilly 1-0, Vivian 0-1, Fisher 1-1, Bebman 1-0, Ittager 1-0, Baggett 2-0, Corvo 1-1
Goalies: BG - Paul Callahan 6, Jake Sonberg 3; CBA - O’Connell 3, Wackesman 7.
Exeter 8, Londonderry 7
Exeter (5-3) 2 3 2 1 — 8
Londonderry (5-2) 2 2 3 0 — 7
Scoring: L Rob Hart 1-0, Nick Yennaco 4-0, Devin Brunet 1-0, David Wiedenfeld 1-2, Lewis Carroll 0-1; E - Don Litzelman 2-1, Jeremy Mumford 2-0, Adam Hale 1-0, Galen Antolino 1-0, Mike Cashman 1-1, Mike O’Donnell 1-0, Jamie Vogt 0-1, Jim Young 0-1.
Goalies: L - Eric Kenison 6, Chris Gersh 8; E - Cole Finerty 8
North trailed by a goal after three quarters, but outscored South 4-2 in the fourth. The victory raised North's Division I record to 3-5. South, which led 2-0 after the first, slipped to 1-4.
Pinkerton 8, Boston College High 6: At Boston, Joshua Gallant scored two goals and Brendan Regan had a couple to lead the Astros, who improved to 8-1. Dominic Corsetto had a goal and an assist and Jake Lisauskas added three assists. Cam Hayward had six saves and Kenny Sturgess five.
Exeter 8, Londonderry 7: At Londonderry, Exeter scored the only goal of the fourth period on the way to snapping Londonderry's five-game win streak. Don Litzelman and Jeremy Mumford each had a pair of goals for the Blue Hawks, who won their third straight and improved to 5-3. Bishop Guertin 15, Christian Brothers 7: At Albany, Dom St. Laurent scored seven goals and Connor Donahue had two goals and two assists to lead the Cardinals. Bishop Guertin grabedd a 7-0 lead after one period and was up 12-2 at halftime. Paul Callahan had six saves and Jake Sonberg three for the Cardinals. Christian Brothers (Albany, N.Y.) fell to 6-4.
Westford 14, Bishop Guertin 11: At Nashua, Jess Lambert had three goals for the Cardinals, who dropped to 4-2. Carla Prunier, Callie Santos, amd Krstin Cmerobn each had a pair of goals for Bishop Guertin. Lauren Trepaney had eight saves and Rachael Lebel three for the Cardinals.
Exeter 5, Bishop Guertin 0: At Exeter, Ethan Joyce pitched the Blue Hawks to the win. Jason Ferland took the loss.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 22
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child