Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Robbery suspects from Seabrook held without bail
Jerry Dow, 22, of 70 Washington St., Seabrook, appeared before Judge Allan Swan for a dangerousness hearing on Friday at Newburyport District Court. Dow is charged with larceny over $250 and armed robbery for allegedly holding up a Newburyport gas station April 12 armed with a blood-filled syringe he claimed was infected with the AIDS virus.
A similar hearing was held last Wednesday for Nathan C. Eaton, 31, of 22 S. Main St., Seabrook, who is also charged with larceny over $250 and armed robbery.
On Friday, Inspector Charles Eaton testified that in a follow-up interview with Dow, he admitted committing robbery, being addicted to drugs and using needles to inject them.
According to court documents, Dow and Eaton allegedly pulled up to a Shell Station on Storey Avenue around 9:30 p.m. in a red minivan, with one dressed in a red hooded sweatshirt and the other in a black hooded sweatshirt.
The gas station clerk reported the suspect wearing the red sweatshirt held a hypodermic syringe that contained a red fluid, and threatened: "Give me all your money. This needle has AIDS in it," according to court documents.
Police were able to track the men down, in part, because the clerk gave police the minivan's license plate numbers.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917