NH MIlitary News: 2 seniors from NH receive Air Force ROTC scholarships
Jedidiah R. Langlois, son of Robert and Laura Langlois of Hudson, and Bradbury A. Hart, son of Bradbury and Melissa Hart of Amherst, have each been awarded an Air Force ROTC scholarship to attend a host college or university.
High school seniors are selected based on tests scores, scholastic achievement, school officials' evaluations, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
The majority of scholarships cover full college tuition and most lab and incidental fees. The scholarships also provide a textbook allowance and a tax-free $350 monthly allowance during the academic year, which increases to $500 in each student's senior year.
The value of a scholarship may exceed $100,000, depending on a student's choice of school and the type of scholarship offered.
Upon graduating from college and completing the ROTC program, the cadets are commissioned as second lieutenants in the Air Force.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.