Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: SNHU baseball team sweeps Mercy
Among the homers was Jon Minucci's, a two-run shot in the nightcap that was the 20th of his career, establishing a program record for career home runs. He snapped a tie with Jeff Weakes, who registered 19 round-trippers from 1995-98.
In the opener, Riley Palmer had a three-run homer and Andy Lalli went deep twice.
The Penmen return to action today with a noon doubleheader at UMass Lowell.
Rollins 16, St. Anselm 2: The Hawks dropped to 16-25-1 with the non-league loss at Sullivan Park. Mike Hayden drove in both St. Anselm runs.
UMass Lowell 1, SNHU 0: Abby Jamieson's sixth-inning solo homer was the game's only offense as Ali Maloof suffered the hard-luck loss.
Maloof went the distance, allowing three hits and striking out 11.
Marielle Handley had the shutout for the River Hawks. SNHU dropped to 27-14 and 14-5 in Northeast-10 play, while the River Hawks are 26-18 and 15-3-1 in the conference.
The teams play a doubleheader today at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Penmen Field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 9
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass