Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: SNHU baseball team sweeps Mercy
Among the homers was Jon Minucci's, a two-run shot in the nightcap that was the 20th of his career, establishing a program record for career home runs. He snapped a tie with Jeff Weakes, who registered 19 round-trippers from 1995-98.
In the opener, Riley Palmer had a three-run homer and Andy Lalli went deep twice.
The Penmen return to action today with a noon doubleheader at UMass Lowell.
Rollins 16, St. Anselm 2: The Hawks dropped to 16-25-1 with the non-league loss at Sullivan Park. Mike Hayden drove in both St. Anselm runs.
UMass Lowell 1, SNHU 0: Abby Jamieson's sixth-inning solo homer was the game's only offense as Ali Maloof suffered the hard-luck loss.
Maloof went the distance, allowing three hits and striking out 11.
Marielle Handley had the shutout for the River Hawks. SNHU dropped to 27-14 and 14-5 in Northeast-10 play, while the River Hawks are 26-18 and 15-3-1 in the conference.
The teams play a doubleheader today at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Penmen Field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use