Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Walden sparkles, Fisher Cats down Fightin' Phils
Walden (1-3) allowed seven hits, walked one and struck four. Tommy Hottovy pitched a perfect eighth inning, and Joel Carreno struck out the side in the ninth for his first professional save.
The Fisher Cats (10-12) never trailed, opening the scoring in the fourth. Clint Robinson led off the inning by drilling a 3-2 pitch to deep right field for his second home run and a 1-0 lead.
New Hampshire added to the lead in the fifth inning. Adam Loewen rocketed a double down the right field line before Ryan Schimpf drilled his sixth homer of the season to right-center to make it 3-0.
Reading (11-9) was held off the scoreboard until the bottom of the seventh inning. Tyler Henson (3-for-4) led off with a double, advanced to third on a groundout, and scored on another groundout to cut the lead to 3-1.
Tom Cochran (0-2) started for Reading, allowing four hits and three runs in 4 2/3 innings. He walked four and struck out three.
The series continues in Reading Saturday night. Deck McGuire (1-2, 5.73) is the expected starter for New Hampshire against David Buchanan (1-3, 5.56) for the Fightin' Phils.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 46
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child