Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Walden sparkles, Fisher Cats down Fightin' Phils
Walden (1-3) allowed seven hits, walked one and struck four. Tommy Hottovy pitched a perfect eighth inning, and Joel Carreno struck out the side in the ninth for his first professional save.
The Fisher Cats (10-12) never trailed, opening the scoring in the fourth. Clint Robinson led off the inning by drilling a 3-2 pitch to deep right field for his second home run and a 1-0 lead.
New Hampshire added to the lead in the fifth inning. Adam Loewen rocketed a double down the right field line before Ryan Schimpf drilled his sixth homer of the season to right-center to make it 3-0.
Reading (11-9) was held off the scoreboard until the bottom of the seventh inning. Tyler Henson (3-for-4) led off with a double, advanced to third on a groundout, and scored on another groundout to cut the lead to 3-1.
Tom Cochran (0-2) started for Reading, allowing four hits and three runs in 4 2/3 innings. He walked four and struck out three.
The series continues in Reading Saturday night. Deck McGuire (1-2, 5.73) is the expected starter for New Hampshire against David Buchanan (1-3, 5.56) for the Fightin' Phils.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
- Eagles’ Kelly amps up support for Foles - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way (again) - 0
- For Patriots, an imperfect victory over Houston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained