Home » News » Public Safety
Police stop man from jumping off parking garage
Police were alerted about 2 a.m. by a caller. Officer Ryan Boyd saw a man climbing the stairs to the roof and alerted other officers.
Officers Dan Wood and George Mallios, who used another stairwell, found the man walking toward the south side of the garage roof.
When the man spotted the officers, he dropped his bag and ran toward the wall, but officers were able to grab hold of him just as he started over it, and he was pulled back.
The man was later taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital for treatment and evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 3
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill