Pinkerton Academy continues search for new headmaster
Anderson, who has been with the school for nearly 40 years and has been the headmaster since 2003, will retire at the end of the 2013-14 school year.
"The headmaster opportunity is being advertised in general media and professional educational media with New England and national distribution, ranging from state and national superintendents and principals associations, The National Association of Independent Schools, HigherEdJobs, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges," said Pinkerton Academy's public relations director, Chip Underhill.
The position profile is also posted on the school's website.
"The profile was created after collaboration by the community, including the superintendents of our partner school districts and residents of each sending town, along with Pinkerton faculty and staff," said Underhill.
It was initially the goal of the headmaster search committee to have a candidate hired by the end of the school year, but if no candidate is selected, the search will continue through the beginning of the 2013-14 school year.
The required qualifications for the position include a minimum of a master's degree, administrative experience, secondary or post-secondary teaching experience, academic and financial management experience and the proven ability to recruit, hire, manage and retain quality personnel.
Some of the preferred qualifications for the position include a doctorate or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in education or a related field, experience working with state and regional accreditation agencies, demonstrated ability to develop a vision of learning supported by students and the proven ability to be visible, active, and engaging in academic programs and campus activities.
In addition, the position profile also includes a long list of desirable characteristics and qualities composed of everything from leadership skills, budgeting and finance skills, and personal characteristics such as being approachable, diplomatic, empathetic, self-confident, compassionate, respectful of others and having a sense of humor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads