Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Rask up to the task as B's blank Lightning
Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg and Daniel Paille scored goals for the Bruins. Rask collected his 16th career shutout as Boston moved two points ahead of Montreal for the Northeast Division lead. Montreal played Winnipeg later on Thursday.
The Bruins held two of the league's top three scorers, Martin St. Louis and Steven Stamkos, to six shots on goal combined and killed three Lightning power plays. Anders Lindback made 22 saves for Tampa Bay.
Seidenberg broke the scoreless tie 4:22 into the second session, beating Lindback from the top of the right faceoff circle after a drop pass from Brad Marchand. Paille doubled the lead a little over nine minutes later, converting a cross-ice pass from Gregory Campbell.
Rask stopped nine shots in each of the first two periods, including two in succession on Lightning rookie Alex Killorn late in the second. Tampa Bay has not won in Boston since the first game of the Eastern Conference finals in 2011, losing the last six.
GAME NOTEBOOK: The Lightning wore a "Boston Strong" ribbon stickers on their helmets to support the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings and the city. ... Bruins RW Nathan Horton missed his third straight game with a hand injury. ... Tampa Bay D Matt Carle, C Nate Thompson and G Ben Bishop were named the United States roster for the World Championships - set to begin May 3 in Finland and Sweden.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child