Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Rask up to the task as B's blank Lightning
Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg and Daniel Paille scored goals for the Bruins. Rask collected his 16th career shutout as Boston moved two points ahead of Montreal for the Northeast Division lead. Montreal played Winnipeg later on Thursday.
The Bruins held two of the league's top three scorers, Martin St. Louis and Steven Stamkos, to six shots on goal combined and killed three Lightning power plays. Anders Lindback made 22 saves for Tampa Bay.
Seidenberg broke the scoreless tie 4:22 into the second session, beating Lindback from the top of the right faceoff circle after a drop pass from Brad Marchand. Paille doubled the lead a little over nine minutes later, converting a cross-ice pass from Gregory Campbell.
Rask stopped nine shots in each of the first two periods, including two in succession on Lightning rookie Alex Killorn late in the second. Tampa Bay has not won in Boston since the first game of the Eastern Conference finals in 2011, losing the last six.
GAME NOTEBOOK: The Lightning wore a "Boston Strong" ribbon stickers on their helmets to support the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings and the city. ... Bruins RW Nathan Horton missed his third straight game with a hand injury. ... Tampa Bay D Matt Carle, C Nate Thompson and G Ben Bishop were named the United States roster for the World Championships - set to begin May 3 in Finland and Sweden.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Divisions still under discussion - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats' fortunes at Maine may rest with the big guys - 0
- Monarchs continue their battle of the Atlantic - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 1
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 2
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list