Firefighters fight 3-alarm Pittsfield fire
PITTSFIELD - Firefighters from several communities fought a three-alarm fire in a house near Globe Manufacturing Co. in Pittsfield Thursday morning.
Firefighters doused hotspots after putting out the fire in a house at 9 Shackford Court.
The owner of the house was treated at the scene for superficial burns to his face. Early reports from Pittsfield Chief Nicholas Abell indicated the fire started on a porch and then climbed to the second floor and attic.
A metal roof on the house trapped the flames and heat inside, making it more difficult to control.
Responding to the three-alarm fire were units from Pittsfield, Allenstown, Pembroke, Hooksett, Bow, Canterbury, Concord, Chichester, Epsom, Northwood, Alton, Gilmanton and Barnstead.
A wrecker had to be called in to pull out a Concord aerial truck stuck in soft ground nearby.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.