Police use tattoos to identify sex assault suspect
PELHAM - An Allenstown man was arrested Thursday by Pelham police on sexual assault charges after his alleged victim was able to identify him by his tattoos, police said.
A woman on Monday reported that a man, later identified as Walter W. Collier, 34, tried to sexually assault her after a date.
She was able to fight him off and call 911, police said in a release.
She said Collier had given her a false name, but during the date referred to himself as "Walter" and mentioned that he was from Allenstown.
"The female was able to provide a detailed description of tattoos that the male has on his body. Based on those tattoos, the Allenstown Detective Bureau immediately identified the suspect as" Collier, the release said.
Collier is a registered sex offender, having been convicted in 1999 of felony sexual assault against a victim younger than 13 years old and criminal restraint of a victim younger than 18 years old.
He is scheduled to appear in Derry District Court at 8:30 a.m. Friday.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.