Pulitzer Prize-Winning Poet Jorie Graham at PSU
PLYMOUTH - Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jorie Graham will present a reading at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 30, in the Smith Recital Hall at the Silver Center for the Arts.
The program, which is part of the Eagle Pond Authors' Series on campus, was rescheduled from February.
Graham, who has published more than a dozen books of poetry, most recently released 2012's "Place." Through the work, Graham explores the ways in which imagination, intuition and experience aids people in navigating a world seemingly moving toward its own annihilation and a political reality in which people and their dignities are increasingly disposable, program officials said.
Tyler Carignan, a senior PSU English major from Derry, will open the program with a reading of some of his own works.
Now in its 15th year, the series is a tribute to Donald Hall, who will be on hand to introduce Graham. Both will stay after the reading for an authors' reception and book signing, including Hall's latest publication, "Christmas at Eagle Pond."
For free tickets, call 535-2787 or (800) 779-3869.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.