Home » News » Public Safety
Salem police say 'suspicious' car was just a dad following son home from school
Detective Bob Genest, after an investigation that included talking to residents in the area of Fisk School, determined the "suspicious subject/vehicle" belonged to a Sullivan Court man. Police said another resident reported seeing a car matching the description parked at a Sullivan Street address.
The owner, whom police did not identify in a news release, told Genest he occasionally lets his son walk home from school, but follows him from his car.
Genest confirmed the father's story, and the 10-year-old, when shown a photo of the man's car, confirmed it was the vehicle that followed him on April 10.
The boy had left Fisk School around 5 p.m. that day and was walking along Sullivan Street when he noticed he was being followed by a blue car.
The driver did not say anything to him and by the time the child reached his home, it had circled the neighborhood a couple of times, police said at the time.
The boy said a driver of a green van then approached him and told him to make sure he told his mother what happened.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072