Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Concord man arrested for assault after tickling children playing in park
CONCORD - A local man is under arrest, accused of pulling up the shirts of three young children playing in a park last week and tickling them.
David Johnson, 35, of Perley St., allegedly tickled one of the children in front of a woman who went to the park after her 9-year-old daughter returned home from the playground and told her about the incident. The little girl was "very upset," police said, and the mother immediately went to the park, near Perley and South streets.
She saw Johnson sitting in the park, yelled at him to leave the playground and to get away from her children. Johnson stood up, walked behind another child, identified as a 5-year-old boy, and tickled him in front of the woman, police said. The woman, who was not identified in a news release, went up to Johnson and continued yelling at him until he finally left the park.
Police said Johnson tickled three children in all, ages 3, 5 and 7. He allegedly lifted up the children's shirts and ticked them on their bare stomachs. None of the children is related to him.
Johnson turned himself into police after investigators obtained a warrant for his arrest.
What's next: He is free on $15,000 personal recognizance bail pending arraignment on three charges of simple assault, class A misdemeanors, May 20 in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424