Fugitive turns self in; child rape allegedBy JULIE HANSON
Union Leader Correspondent
April 24. 2013 11:22PM
NASHUA - A local man profiled as Fugitive of the Week by U.S. Marshals was arraigned Wednesday on two charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault on a child.
An arrest warrant was issued Feb. 7 for Anthony W. Hannon, 44, who turned himself into Nashua police last week after being featured as the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force's Fugitive of the Week. He was arraigned via video in the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Hannon is charged with sexually assaulting a child under age 13 on Jan. 15 and 16. He is also charged with sexual assault by inappropriate touching of the same victim around April 7 and April 13 of 2012.
"I am not guilty of any of this," Hannon said.
Hannon's older sister, Carleen Pineau of Nashua, asked that Hannon be released to her home, and she promised he would attend all court hearings.
"He has a very big family," Pineau said. "We do care. We do know of his innocence."
Hannon's son also spoke on his behalf. The victim's family was not present.
Judge Thomas Bamberger was concerned that Hannon had failed to show in court on two separate occasions in 2011 for unrelated charges. He kept bail at $30,000 as requested by the state and ordered that Hannon not contact the alleged victim or the family and cannot have unsupervised contact with anyone under 17 years old.
A probable cause hearing is May 8.