Errors doom Trinity in setback at Bedford
Pat Watson singled home Ben Philbrook with two outs in the home seventh to lead Bedford to a 6-5 Division I baseball win over the Pioneers Monday at Riley Field in Bedford.
The Pioneers committed four errors, giving them 25 this season in seven games. Trinity (4-3) has lost two one-run games and one game by two runs.
"It's frustrating because we're getting strong pitching from our entire staff," said Trinity coach Eddie Poisson. "We're just not giving our pitchers the support they need on defense."
Bedford (3-2) erased a 4-1 deficit with a four-run, sixth inning rally highlighted by a solo homer from Andy Lalonde and a two-run single from Chris Danielson.
Trinity tied the game 5-5 in the seventh inning when Connor Walsh belted a two-out single to plate Carmen Giampetruzzi.
In the third, Ryan Boldin doubled in a run and Ryan Slatky followed with a two-run double. A wild pitch in the fifth inning allowed Zack Szczechowicz to score, giving Trinity a 4-1 cushion.
On Wednesday, Bedford will host Manchester Memorial while at 1 p.m. Trinity plays Manchester Central at Gill Stadium.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.