NH lowering flags to half-staff in honor of slain MIT officer
CONCORD - Gov. Maggie Hassan has ordered flags to half-staff today in honor of MIT Police Officer Sean Collier, who was shot and killed last week by the alleged Boston Marathon bombings suspects.
"The bombings at the Boston Marathon and its aftermath have affected all of us in New England. We are united in our grief and in our pride in the law enforcement officers who gave so much to protect our people and bring the perpetrators to justice," the governor said. "Sean Collier's dedication to protecting others reflects the very best of the American spirit. As we have heard so often in recent days, all he ever wanted to do was serve as a police officer and work to keep those around him safe, and his senseless murder has taken him from this earth far too soon.
"The people of New Hampshire join our neighbors in Massachusetts in mourning the loss of Sean Collier, and send our thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.