Home » News » Public Safety
Fatal Amherst crash took lives of men from Wilton and Milford
Amherst police said that at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a 1999 Mercury Marquis attempted to make a left turn across oncoming traffic from Schoolhouse Road onto Route 101 east.
The car was hit by an oncoming 2002 Freightliner cab and trailer.
The driver of the car, Keith Bernasconi, 28, of Milford and passenger Robert Carson, 37, of Wilton were killed.
Both Bernasconi and Carlson were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the truck, Peter Berube, 59, of Brookline, was not hurt.
New Hampshire State Police are continuing an investigation. The road was closed early Saturday morning as members of the technical accident reconstruction team used surveying equipment to map the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'