Home » News » Public Safety
Fatal Amherst crash took lives of men from Wilton and Milford
Amherst police said that at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a 1999 Mercury Marquis attempted to make a left turn across oncoming traffic from Schoolhouse Road onto Route 101 east.
The car was hit by an oncoming 2002 Freightliner cab and trailer.
The driver of the car, Keith Bernasconi, 28, of Milford and passenger Robert Carson, 37, of Wilton were killed.
Both Bernasconi and Carlson were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the truck, Peter Berube, 59, of Brookline, was not hurt.
New Hampshire State Police are continuing an investigation. The road was closed early Saturday morning as members of the technical accident reconstruction team used surveying equipment to map the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072