Home » News » Public Safety
Fatal Amherst crash took lives of men from Wilton and Milford
Amherst police said that at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a 1999 Mercury Marquis attempted to make a left turn across oncoming traffic from Schoolhouse Road onto Route 101 east.
The car was hit by an oncoming 2002 Freightliner cab and trailer.
The driver of the car, Keith Bernasconi, 28, of Milford and passenger Robert Carson, 37, of Wilton were killed.
Both Bernasconi and Carlson were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the truck, Peter Berube, 59, of Brookline, was not hurt.
New Hampshire State Police are continuing an investigation. The road was closed early Saturday morning as members of the technical accident reconstruction team used surveying equipment to map the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 0
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 2
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Havenstein announces for Republican nomination in governor's race - 11
- Tuition to go down 5 percent at community colleges - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- UPDATE: Supreme Court hears from both sides on education tax credits - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
School fights mascot battle
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed