Fatal Amherst crash took lives of men from Wilton and Milford
AMHERST - The victims of a fatal crash involving a car and a tractor-trailer truck have been identified as men from Milford and Wilton.
Amherst police said that at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a 1999 Mercury Marquis attempted to make a left turn across oncoming traffic from Schoolhouse Road onto Route 101 east.
The car was hit by an oncoming 2002 Freightliner cab and trailer.
The driver of the car, Keith Bernasconi, 28, of Milford and passenger Robert Carson, 37, of Wilton were killed.
Both Bernasconi and Carlson were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the truck, Peter Berube, 59, of Brookline, was not hurt.
New Hampshire State Police are continuing an investigation. The road was closed early Saturday morning as members of the technical accident reconstruction team used surveying equipment to map the scene.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.