Home » News » Public Safety
Charges withdrawn in Jaffrey car crash fatality
In the early morning hours of Sunday, April 14, a northbound Honda Accord on Route 202 -- River Street -- near Red Dam, crossed the center line and crashed into the woods. The car landed on its roof and caught fire. Passing motorists pulled one of the occupants from the burning wreck and called 911.
Police said Henriquez, who is originally from Dedham, Mass., was the driver of the Honda. He was hospitalized and subsequently arrested and charged with aggravated DWI and negligent homicide.
Police released him on $50,000 personal recognizance bail and gave him a June court date for his arraignment.
He and passenger Tyler Tobin, 18, of Dedham, Mass., were taken to Monadnock Community Hospital for treatment.
Tobin was treated and released the same day.
Henriquez was transferred to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., and listed in stable condition as of last week.
The third person in the car died in the fiery crash. He was identified as Peter Melville, 19, of Dedham, Mass.
"The cause of death as ruled by the Medical Examiner's Office was blunt force trauma," Jaffrey police said.
Monday afternoon Jaffrey police made this statement, "A continuation of that investigation by Jaffrey Police has resulted in information that, at this time, warrants the charges against Mr. Henriquez be withdrawn.?The investigation is ongoing, and no additional information can be provided at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 11
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Celtics hammer Knicks - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072