Charges withdrawn in Jaffrey car crash fatality
In the early morning hours of Sunday, April 14, a northbound Honda Accord on Route 202 -- River Street -- near Red Dam, crossed the center line and crashed into the woods. The car landed on its roof and caught fire. Passing motorists pulled one of the occupants from the burning wreck and called 911.
Police said Henriquez, who is originally from Dedham, Mass., was the driver of the Honda. He was hospitalized and subsequently arrested and charged with aggravated DWI and negligent homicide.
Police released him on $50,000 personal recognizance bail and gave him a June court date for his arraignment.
He and passenger Tyler Tobin, 18, of Dedham, Mass., were taken to Monadnock Community Hospital for treatment.
Tobin was treated and released the same day.
Henriquez was transferred to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., and listed in stable condition as of last week.
The third person in the car died in the fiery crash. He was identified as Peter Melville, 19, of Dedham, Mass.
"The cause of death as ruled by the Medical Examiner's Office was blunt force trauma," Jaffrey police said.
Monday afternoon Jaffrey police made this statement, "A continuation of that investigation by Jaffrey Police has resulted in information that, at this time, warrants the charges against Mr. Henriquez be withdrawn.?The investigation is ongoing, and no additional information can be provided at this time.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.