'Fugitive of the Week' Hannon turns himself in to Nashua police
NASHUA - A city man has been arrested for allegedly raping a girl under the age of 13 earlier this year.
An arrest warrant was issued Feb. 7 for Anthony W. Hannon, 44, with a last known address in Nashua. According to police, Hannon turned himself into authorities on Tuesday morning after he was recently featured as a "fugitive of the week" by the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
"We had an idea he was in the Nashua area," said U.S. Marshal David Cargill of the New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force, explaining once Hannon was highlighted as a "fugitive of the week" last Thursday, his agency had received several phone calls.
"The pressure was on, so he knew," Cargill said of Hannon. "In this particular case, it was very effective for us."
According to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department, Hannon has been charged with two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault against the female victim, whose name is being withheld because of her age.
The specifics of the case were not immediately available by police on Tuesday, who were unsure whether the two offenses occurred on the same day or during two separate occasions in Nashua.
Cargill said each of the "fugitive of the week" segments have special significance to his department, but he stressed the importance of Hannon's case since it involved a child.
He urged the public to continue calling with tips on where to locate fugitives.
Hannon is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday morning at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division. He was being held on $30,000 cash bail.
Moushegian would not comment on whether Hannon has a prior criminal history, or whether he is known to local police. The department's Youth Services Division is continuing to investigate.