N.H. firms honored for Reserve support
ARLINGTON, Va. - Two New Hampshire employers have been selected as semifinalists for the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
The Freedom Award is the department's highest honor for employers that provide extraordinary support to their Guard and Reserve employees.
This year, 138 semifinalists were selected among 2,899 employers nominated by a Guard or Reserve employee.
The New Hampshire employers named semifinalists are IMPACT Science and Technology (IST), a subsidiary of Exelis in Nashua; and the Walmart Distribution Center in Raymond.
Employers selected as semifinalists assist Guard and Reserve employees through formal and informal initiatives, including setting veteran hiring goals, establishing military employee liaisons, providing childcare for deployed employees, arranging care package drives, and granting additional leave for military employees and family members before and after deployments.
The 2013 Freedom Award finalists will be announced next month after a review board comprised of military and civilian leaders selects the 30 most supportive employers.
Up to 15 award recipients will be announced early this summer and honored in Washington, D.C. in September at the 18th annual Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award ceremony.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.