Home » Sports » College Sports
Jackson leads PSU
SNHU 1-0, Bentley 0-2: Ali Maloof became the school's career strikeout leader, with 306, in the Penmen's opening-game win. She fanned 13 and allowed only two hits in the shutout. Dolores Mattice was the hard-luck loser in the nightcap, striking out nine.
Plymouth State 7-6, Colby-Sawyer 0-1: Pitchers Jeff Runnals and Michael Welch each pitched six strong innings, leading the Plymouth State baseball team to 7-0 and 6-1 victories over Colby-Sawyer on Sunday in New London. Runnals, of Wolfeboro, blanked the hosts over six frames to earn his fourth win.
St. Anselm 6-6, Merrimack 1-9: In the opener, Zachary Brian tossed the first complete game of his career. He allowed one run (none earned) on three hits while striking out two and walking one. The Hawks are 16-23-1 overall, 11-12 in the Northeast-10.
Merrimack 5, SNHU 1: In NE-10 championship match, the Penmen's top doubles team prevailed.
Keene State 12, UMass-Dartmouth 1: J.T. Galloway, one of 12 seniors honored before the game, scored four goals to lead KSC, 11-2, 5-0 in the Little East.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 43
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'