Home » Sports » College Sports
Jackson leads PSU
SNHU 1-0, Bentley 0-2: Ali Maloof became the school's career strikeout leader, with 306, in the Penmen's opening-game win. She fanned 13 and allowed only two hits in the shutout. Dolores Mattice was the hard-luck loser in the nightcap, striking out nine.
Plymouth State 7-6, Colby-Sawyer 0-1: Pitchers Jeff Runnals and Michael Welch each pitched six strong innings, leading the Plymouth State baseball team to 7-0 and 6-1 victories over Colby-Sawyer on Sunday in New London. Runnals, of Wolfeboro, blanked the hosts over six frames to earn his fourth win.
St. Anselm 6-6, Merrimack 1-9: In the opener, Zachary Brian tossed the first complete game of his career. He allowed one run (none earned) on three hits while striking out two and walking one. The Hawks are 16-23-1 overall, 11-12 in the Northeast-10.
Merrimack 5, SNHU 1: In NE-10 championship match, the Penmen's top doubles team prevailed.
Keene State 12, UMass-Dartmouth 1: J.T. Galloway, one of 12 seniors honored before the game, scored four goals to lead KSC, 11-2, 5-0 in the Little East.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal