Home » Sports » College Sports
Jackson leads PSU
SNHU 1-0, Bentley 0-2: Ali Maloof became the school's career strikeout leader, with 306, in the Penmen's opening-game win. She fanned 13 and allowed only two hits in the shutout. Dolores Mattice was the hard-luck loser in the nightcap, striking out nine.
Plymouth State 7-6, Colby-Sawyer 0-1: Pitchers Jeff Runnals and Michael Welch each pitched six strong innings, leading the Plymouth State baseball team to 7-0 and 6-1 victories over Colby-Sawyer on Sunday in New London. Runnals, of Wolfeboro, blanked the hosts over six frames to earn his fourth win.
St. Anselm 6-6, Merrimack 1-9: In the opener, Zachary Brian tossed the first complete game of his career. He allowed one run (none earned) on three hits while striking out two and walking one. The Hawks are 16-23-1 overall, 11-12 in the Northeast-10.
Merrimack 5, SNHU 1: In NE-10 championship match, the Penmen's top doubles team prevailed.
Keene State 12, UMass-Dartmouth 1: J.T. Galloway, one of 12 seniors honored before the game, scored four goals to lead KSC, 11-2, 5-0 in the Little East.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement